The European Handcycling Federation (name at the foundation - European Handbike Circuit) was formed as an international association by a group of enthusiastic handbikers in 2001 that enjoyed the sport. The first headquarters were located in Belgium.
Founder Countries: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany Netherlands and Switzerland.
In the following years step by step new countries became member of the association.
Change of the name European Handbike Circuit (EHC) to European Handcycling Federation in 2005. From now on the name EHC is only for the race series.
Change of Operational Headquarters from Belgium to Italy in 2009
14 Member Countries in 2015:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Ireland,Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom
The European Handcycling Federation (EHF) is a non-profit organisation with the following objectives:
- to structure and develop handcycling sport in European countries.
- to organise the annual European Handbike Circuit series and the European Championship as the top event.
- to promote and support integration of disabled and able-bodied athletes.
- to eliminate barriers through sport and give disabled and able-bodied athletes the chance to compete together with the same goal.
- to cooperate with UCI and non-European organisations on world-wide development of the handcycling sport.
European Handcycling Federation asd,
via Ponchielli, 19 - 21052 Busto Arsizio (VA) - Italy